Friday, June 25, 2010

siding!

Well, I sure have been getting some complaints from my dear followers (aka, Jamie and my dad).  Stick with me!  Here we go! 
Ok, so the windows got re-installed under the watchful eye of Queen Bossy, and the trim and siding followed quickly, presumably to cover up the windows before we started complaining again!  We picked this trim style sort of at the last minute, so I didn't have my usual amount of time to make scale drawings and conduct obsessive internet research.  I must say, I am happy we went with something a little different, and I really like how it turned out!
That is a super-tiny window, so keep in mind the scale is a little odd.
The other surprise we discovered one day is that the fake shingles went up!  It's the Hardie Shingle, so it hopefully will last forever.
Don't you just love the colors?  Just like silly putty and butter.  Ok, not really.  It'll all get painted later - we are still open to color ideas! 
Gazoiks!!! Keep in mind that the inside is completely undone, just studs and plywood, despite how done the outside looks.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing Amy! Can't wait to see it in person. I love the siding you selected. We look forward to campfire. Are you free next week. We are busy Tuesday.

    JH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday is looking best for us. Are you free?

    JH

    ReplyDelete